Parent/Visitor Check-In Procedures
Our school is taking a step to strengthen our campus safety program for students and faculty by introducing a new visitor management system. The Raptor Visitor Management System will better allow us to screen visitors and volunteers in our schools to promote security on our campus and will require a simple change in our check-in processes when you visit campus.
- Visitors will continue to be required to check in at the school’s front office.
- Visitors will be asked to present an ID such as a Driver’s License to be entered into the visitor management system. If a visitor does not carry a US government-issued ID, any form of photo ID can be used.
- Raptor will check the visitor’s name and date of birth for comparison with a number of national databases to identify anyone registered on the national database of registered sex offenders. No other data from the ID is gathered or recorded and the information is not shared with any outside agency. Once entry is approved, Raptor will issue a badge that identifies the visitor, the date, and the purpose of the visit.
- A visitor’s badge will not be necessary for those who visit our schools simply to drop off an item in the office or pick up paperwork.
- Visitors attending sporting events or school-wide events such as Open House or Back to School Night will not be required to check in using the Raptor system.
Our new check in procedure will support our visitor management expectations outlined in Board Policies numbered 8205-Notification of Registered Sex Offenders, 9202 – School Visitors, and 9212 – Volunteer Assistance.
The safety of our students is our highest priority and the Raptor visitor management system allows us to quickly identify those who may present a danger to our students. Thank you in advance for your understanding and your support in enhancing the school safety protocols in our district.
Please begin the application process by completing this electronic application.
For more information, visit the CUSD Parent Volunteer website.
If you plan to volunteer more than 8 hours in the school year, a TB test or a TB assessment is needed. CUSD is offering TB Clinincs on these dates. The TB clarance is valid for 4 years.